The Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) released the 2015 national, state, and large urban school district Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) results on the YRBS Web site.
- Nearly 9% of high school students had attempted suicide in the past 12 months
- Of students who had ridden a bike in the past 12 months, 81% had rarely or never worn a helmet
- Nationwide, 17 percent of students had taken prescription drugs (without a doctor’s prescription) one or more times during their life
- The use of wireless devices while driving continues to put youth at risk
- The 2015 survey findings showed encouraging reductions in physical fighting among adolescents