Applications Due November 30th, 2016
Building Tribal Capacity for Climate Change Resilience and Public Health Programs
Request for Applications
Download the Request for Applications (RFA)
NIHB held a pre-application webinar on November 9th, 2016
The link to view the recording of that webinar is here
Slides are available here
The National Indian Health Board (NIHB), with support from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention’s Climate and Health Program in the National Center for Environmental Health, is pleased to announce a call for applications for a Building Tribal Capacity for Climate Change Resilience award. Designed to enhance the capacity of Tribes, this funding will provide up to three (3) Tribes with grants ranging from $75,000 to $89,000 for the opportunity to increase the level of programming, research, and/or coordination and communication between the Tribal programs, community, and key partners involved in addressing the health consequences of climate change. NIHB will assist in sharing lessons learned and best practices with the Tribal awardees, CDC’s Climate and Health Program, Tribal Climate Change Workgroup members, and other key stakeholders.
The goals of the 2016-2017 Building Tribal Capacity for Climate Change project are:
- To reduce climate-related morbidity and mortality in Tribal Nations and communities;
- To build capacity to identify and assess climate-related health threats to Tribes;
- To build climate and health adaptation capacity within Tribal governments;
- To increase collaboration and data sharing among the Tribes, the federal government, state/local governments, and other partners on issues of climate and health;
- To increase communication and information sharing about the health eﬀects of climate change.
NIHB intends to award funds to up to three (3) Tribes for the establishment and implementation of climate change resiliency projects. The request for applications (RFA) can be downloaded, completed as a Word document, then turned into a PDF for submission. Completed applications are due to NIHB via email by by 11:59 PM EDT on Wednesday November 30th, 2016.
Contact Brianna Carrier for addition questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more at NIHB’s Climate Ready Tribes page